Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Check. Check. Check.

The first and greatest victory is to conquer yourself; to be conquered by yourself is of all things most shameful and vile.  ~Plato
Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time.  ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
I thought growing up was something that happened automatically as you got older.  But it turns out it's something you have to choose to do.  ~From the television show Scrubs
The ball of panicking nerves that I was is no more. At least not for my yoga class.
It was a great first class - quite the workout, yet very relaxing. Yes, I was sore the next day...right now my body is quite wimpy...but my goodness was I relieved of much of my stress! My “classmates” and instructor are wonderful, and I am definitely quite proud of myself....which is something quite rare for me to say.
The days of someone glaring at me from behind braces and a peanut butter sandwich saying I look funny are over! Granted, today I still tripped twice and spilled coffee on my shirt....but thats just an every day occurrence. Still awkward, but at least I have confidence in my awkwardness.
6 more classes to go and I can officially cross #3 off of my list.
I feel so rejuvenated. So empowered. So mighty!
So I decided to start working on another bucket list item.
#9. Return to and finish college.
I spent the afternoon yesterday getting the first steps all completed. I filled out applications for both UW-LaCrosse and Viterbo University, and all the other requirements such as FAFSA and transcript requests. I feel productive and accomplished! Which is another set of feelings I rarely have.
Yet now, the next steps lie in the hands of other people - admissions counselors.
For the next few weeks I have to sit back and play the waiting game.
This is my least favorite game.
I hate having not having full control of a situation.
If I force myself to look at the bright side, I should be a pro at patience by the time the news comes.
Patience is very becoming. Or something.
Until then, myself and my new-found confidence will be jamming out to a “new-age-new-view-it’s-not-so-bad-and-easier-than-I-thought-why-have-I-been-hiding-under-a-rock-hey-cute-guy-would-you-like-to-go-get-coffee” playlist -->
1. Heartbeat - Kopecky Family Band
2. Awkward - San Cisco
3. Applause - Lady Gaga
4. From the Morning - Nick Drake
5. There is a Light that Never Goes Out - The Smiths
6. Piazza, New York Catcher - Belle & Sebastian
7. I Love It - Icona Pop
8. Home - Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
9. Mrs. Robinson - Simon and Garfunkel
10. The Promise - When In Rome
11. Can’t You See - The Marshall Tucker Band
12. Against the Wind - Bob Seger
13. Stay - Rihanna
14. Cleopatra - Minature Tigers
15. Good to Sea - Pinback
16. Up - Rob Crow
17. She Doesn’t Get It - The Format
18. Books from Boxes - Maximo Park
19. I Feel It All - Feist
20. Caring Is Creepy - The Shins
21. Major Tom - Shiny Toy Guns
feel free to jam out too!
...and ask that crush out for a coffee.
....and start your own “live without regrets” bucket list, and get to work!!!
in no particular order.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment